Events - Brown Bag Lunch Programs
of the Lewis County General Hospital
Presented by Michele Prince
and Christina Flint
Lewis County General Hospital
In 1929, the citizens
of Lewis County decided they needed a local
hospital. In 1930, the County of Lewis
purchased the land for the county hospital
on the top of a hill leading into town. The
cost of the land was $4,500. In 1930, the
construction of the hospital began. Seven
months later, in August 1931, the
construction phase ended and a brand new
healthcare facility opened its doors to a
grateful community. It was a sturdy
building of solid brick with six towering
white posts marking the main entrance.
Today, 86 years later, the main campus
encompasses 14.5 acres and offers over
220,000 square feet of floor space dedicated
to the provision of high quality healthcare
to the residents of the tri-county area.
From new buildings,
services and equipment, to an ever-changing
healthcare environment, plan to join us at
the Lewis County Historical Society to find
out how the facility has changed and evolved
to meet the needs of the residents in Lewis
County since 1931.
For more information please
contact the Historical Society at 376-8957
or at email@example.com.